Wednesday 25 May 2011

Evaluation


Evaluation for Identity Project
The scenario for the identity project was that we have been approached and asked to create a blog, documenting research, artworks, ideas, thoughts and feelings. Our blog should reference artists who have looked at identity as a theme in their work, and use your findings as inspiration to create digital artworks to be displayed on your blog.
The purpose of a blog is to let a person record events and ideas freely as individual posts. I like the overall idea of a blog and I will consider using them in future as I think they are a great way of showing the world your works, feelings and thoughts.
 The digital artist which has inspired me is The River Hunt  ‘Identity Series’ – My life in post-it notes animation. This work inspired me to do a stop motion video which I did and have uploaded onto my blog. I think this piece of digital media is interesting and is a great way of showing your work.
A traditional artists that has inspired me is Frida Kahlo as she is a painter which does self portraits and this has inspired me to create a self portrait of me and add text around the edjes.
My research has had an impact on my work in relation to the self-portraiture I have developed. Plensa uses sculpture with text so therefore it included both. This has inspired my work as I created a self-portrait and added text around the outside.
I have used a range of techniques throughout this project, mainly on photoshop these include, the lasso tool to draw around my images and be able to cut parts out like my shoe or my keys ext. Also image-adjustments- hue and saturation to change the colour of some of my images to add effect and make them stand out.
I am very pleased with my outcome of this project and think it was very successful. I like the images I have produced throughout the project and if I was to do it again I would make my final piece more of a collage and add more items.

No comments:

Post a Comment